At BNP Paribas Asset Management, our full range of investment strategies adopt a sustainable investment approach. Environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria are central to the way we come up with investment ideas, create portfolios, control risk and use our influence with companies and markets to improve sustainability.
Why sustainable investing
Quite simply, it is worth it. Investing sustainably can be financially rewarding by, for example, steering clear of companies that are exposed to pollution lawsuits, labour unrest, shareholder disputes or other events that can damage their reputation and business performance.
Also, quite simply, it makes sense. In the long run, our planet is served better with low-carbon energy, environmental sustainability, and equality and inclusive growth. As an investor, you can help shape a better world by investing sustainably.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business and our investment decisions. We are squarely focused on achieving long-term sustainable returns for our clients.
- Long-term commitment to sustainability: a 15-year plus history in sustainable investment, including ESG research and integration, stewardship and issuer engagement, and now a range of thematic and impact funds
- Recognised ESG performance: we are recognised in assessments and rankings by the likes of PRI, ShareAction, Broadridge, WWF, Majority Action and Influence Map
- Thought leader and advocate: we are active in 40+ industry and engagement initiatives including the PRI1, IIGCC2 and TCFD3
- Dedicated sustainability centre: a team of more than 25 ESG professionals with financial, economic and legal expertise supports our global investment teams
- Global scope: we integrate ESG research and analysis across all strategies, asset classes and geographies
Our strategies across all asset classes and geographies reflect a sustainable investment approach. This means they integrate ESG factors; investor stewardship; responsible business conduct and product-based exclusions; and a focus on three thematic areas to promote a sustainable future: energy transition, environmental sustainability, equality and inclusive growth.
For investors that wish to invest with an even more explicit ESG angle, we also offer enhanced ESG and thematic and impact strategies as part of our Sustainable Plus suite.
Our enhanced ESG strategies invest in the most sustainable companies, leading to results that reflect even more stringent ESG selection criteria and/or carbon footprint targets.
Thematic and Impact
Our thematic strategies invest in companies providing solutions to specific environmental and/or social challenges, while our impact strategies invest with the goal of having a measurable positive social and/or environmental impact.
 PRI: Principles for Responsible Investment;
 IIGCC: Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change;
 TCFD: Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. Trademark, copyright, & other intellectual property rights are & remain the property of their respective owners.
PODCAST| Audio – 19:10 min
BLOG| Blog – 3 Min
PODCAST| Audio – 12:38 min
BLOG| Blog – 4 Min
BLOG| Blog – 3 Min
BLOG| Blog – 3 Min
- Any views expressed here are those of the author as of the date of publication, are based on available information, and are subject to change without notice. Individual portfolio management teams may hold different views and may take different investment decisions for different clients. This document does not constitute investment advice.
- Investing in emerging markets, or specialised or restricted sectors is likely to be subject to a higher-than-average volatility due to a high degree of concentration, greater uncertainty because less information is available, there is less liquidity or due to greater sensitivity to changes in market conditions (social, political and economic conditions).